There’s a lot of negativity happening on Hollywood sets lately. Of course, there’s the tragic death that occurred on the set of Alec Baldwin’s “Rust,” which is under criminal investigation as we speak. And now, another movie set is reeling from a tragic and sudden death – this one is not a “murder,” but as I said, it was sudden and very unexpected. In addition, it happened on a set that’s already been reportedly “plagued” and “cursed” with a lot of bad luck. A cameraman died on the set of the blockbuster “Indiana Jones 5,” which will feature an aging Harrison Ford in the starring role.
***FOLLOW US ON RUMBLE***
However, no matter how cursed or hellish this movie is for everyone involved, Harrison Ford will still make a cool $25 million dollars.
New York Post reported that the much-hyped “Indiana Jones” sequel’s trouble-plagued production just took a darker turn — as a crew member has reportedly died on location in Morocco.
“Indiana Jones 5” camera department pro Nic Cupac was found dead in his hotel room in the city of Fes, Walt Disney Studios confirmed to The Post on Thursday.
“Our hearts go out to the family and friends of Nic Cupac, an incredibly talented colleague and member of the film community who will be greatly missed,” a rep for the production told The Post. “His sudden passing was not production related. Nic was a grip on 2nd unit.”
MORE NEWS: “Rust” Armorer Finally Breaks Her Silence And Her New Statement Offers a Chilling Plot Twist
The 54-year-old’s cause of death has not been publicly disclosed, but “he is thought to have died of natural causes,” The Sun reported, but as of now, nobody knows for sure.
Nic Cupac had plenty of years of experience under his belt, having also worked on productions as varied as Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom and In Bruges, along with a slew of Disney productions including Solo: A Star Wars Story and Cruella. His work on Indiana Jones 5 was recent, though the movie has been off the ground and moving forward for a while. Reports indicate he had been working on a particularly complex-sounding stunt involving a rickshaw that needed help from around 100 crew members.
****FOLLOW US ON CLOUTHUB***
The still-untitled Indiana Jones 5 has been an extremely lengthy production. Back in June, principal photography got started after a year of delays due to Covid-19. Then, at one point Harrison Ford’s work on the film was halted for a period of three months where he recovered from an injury that did happen on set. He only returned to filming a few weeks ago, in mid-October, though director James Mangold had said the movie was still being worked on in the interim.
***FOLLOW US ON TELEGRAM***
And you know things are bad on this set… after all, this is the only movie in history that Stephen Spielberg actually quit. Apparently, he didn’t like the screenplay, and after a lot of negativity, he left.
But the kicker is this – no matter what happens, even if they trash the movie and it never sees the light of day, they still have to pay Harrison Ford that cool $25 million.